Bon Secours College for women was instituted by the Franciscan sisters of our Lady of Bon Secours, a Religious Congregation dedicated to uplift the downtrodden, especially women.
It is very interesting to note that a tempest sowed the seed for the founding of the Congregation. This storm had served as a source of inspiration for Rev.Fr.Courdex S.J. to launch this noble venture in the year 1775 A.D. Then it took shape as a religious congregation in 1858 and was later re founded in the Arch-Diocese of Madras-Mylapore in 1894 with the lofty idea of imparting education to the native women.
Ever since its inception, it has been a beacon, guiding and promoting the educational interests of the poor and the downtrodden women.